Saturday, November 14, 2009

Workwear

Yes, I am one of the fortunate (well, I guess it's how you look at it) folks that wears jeans to work. But I never forget that I am dressing for city-work. Which means pairing it with a black top. And until this morning I thought it was a pretty good look.

Today I wore a lovely tailored pant (can you tell I've been watching this year's sad season of Project Runway?) and paired it with a seasonally teal sweater. Nice, professional, and perfect for my workshop/training on Saturday morning. The participants in this workshop will wear jeans and be comfortable, so I fall back on the "slightly more professional-yet-exudes-warmth-and-confidence" look of the master trainer.

I thought I had it all going on until I got home and my child asked me if I had ever noticed that I wear a lot of black --- and blue. In fact, in the enthusiastic way only kids have - he mentioned "it's cool you dress like a bruise". And then he took his one sock, brown-shirt and khaki pants- wearing self back to the computer to play wizards101.