Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Ice Storm Coffee

Two hour school delay. Two hours to salt, shovel, salt, and shovel. Another two hours of waiting for a train. And now the power is flickering. Not a bad way to spend a day at home - but I had counted on getting in to work.

The perfect solution? Some of my hoarded flavored coffee. Yes, I admit that I am the flavored coffee queen. And my favorite comes out only once a year - New England Coffee's Cinnamon Sticky Bun. It makes my kitchen smell like Cinnabon - without the calories, stickiness, or cost.

And yes, the checkout clerk looked surprised at my post-holiday buying binge - but hey - it was on a ridiculous sale - and that's why I can keep this up until spring. Because we all know that once spring arrives I'm back to the regular stuff.

Some people scent with potpouri - not me. I just go with the coffee that says "spicy cinnamon and sweet creamy vailla icing just like your favorite bakery treat". It's time to put the pot on again.

No comments: