Tuesday, October 23, 2007

18 Pumpkins and a String o' Lights

The snake is lit. The party's over and the squirrels are not yet attacking. It's been a bit warm where we are - and the pumpkins are suffering. Forget squirrels - it's warm weather rot we're talking about. And now that our pumpkins are carved and assembled into the snake, we are hoping it lasts until Halloween.

The little guy hosted some neighborhood families Sunday afternoon - for worms on a bun (shriveled hot dogs) and mummy pizzas. Yes - when stressed I tend to overdo it. And the adults made do with bratwurst and oktoberfest brews. There was even chocolate cake and the kids sang happy birthday to the witch decoration.

Just after dark it was time to light the snake. No candles for this effort. Make those white lights year round and break them out for summer nights and fall pumpkins too.

Everyone was home by 8 pm - which explains why we overslept on Monday and had exactly 27 minutes to wake up, dress, eat, pack lunch and get to the school line. I gave up on make the train - which as it turns out - I did sort of make.

Because it's right that when my regular train breaks down...my holy-crap-I'm-not-going-to-walk-into-my-office-until-11am-train stops to help out the passengers from the broken regular train.

1 comment:

Caroline Bender said...

What - no pics?
That's all right, I can imagine it. And of course, what color are pumpkins.....?