Thursday, October 4, 2007

Remember those Book Club Days?

Yes, it happened. The first Scholastic book club catalog came home in the backpack about two weeks ago. It's still old fashioned enough to be a paper order form and check list...but the kid is as excited as I was when I was six. He carefully selected his item - looking at the pictures of the covers - and recognizing words like POKEMON and EXCITING. No classics were selected this time around, just some short easy readers and the coveted Pokemon series...

The main event - delivery of the books happened at the end of school yesterday. He had his story time while he was in the bathtub and even hair washing went well. He fell asleep with most of them still on his bed. He's happy and trying to read. What's better than that?

1 comment:

Caroline Bender said...

Enjoy the knowledge that the Scholastic Book distribution center is located in Clinton, MA. If the bottom drops out I am moving there. I don't care what the job is.

Your blog is a delight! I am so glad you did it. Don't think this means you can't write to me anymore, because you must still.

I love your festive use of Orange (even though, you know....) and thanks for linking! I am going the same and also adding you to my reader. Much Love, me.