Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Faster mornings coming to a store near you...

How fast can we get out of the house in the morning? Not fast enough. I have recently re-upped my pledge to not say "hurry up or I'm going to miss my train". For two months I held strong, bit my tongue and kept my panic to myself. I also incurred numerous parking tickets for running late and parking where commuters aren't supposed to park.

And for all of you that say "get up 15 minutes earlier" - well, it's been done. The young one in the family can take 30 minutes to eat a piece of toast. Why? I don't know. This is usually after he's cut it in triangles and turned it into a weapon to point at "something that is not living". Most often the dining room mirror experiences toast gunshots. This is better than pointing at the dog. She knows no fear and figures a piece of toast pointing at her mouth must mean it's okay to take it. When the complaining starts I say make a new piece of toast or finish your milk.


On to something that could make it more fun! Since getting up earlier doesn't work, and I'm beginning to feel the strain of cracking an egg and making french toast... let's all have some fun with the newest organic product on the block.

The Batter Blaster. It looks like good, clean, wholesome fun - and clean up is a snap too. Please watch the video. If I was better at this I'd know how to show you the fancy link. But I don't. And if I mess with this too much longer I'll be late again, and it's only Tuesday.


3 comments:

Caroline Bender said...

IT'S ORGANIC!
I feel like the biggest idiot for not having invented this.

Orange is our family color said...

Me too. Especially when you read how the guy thought of it. My Whole Foods is now on a mission --- and the local grocery manager is working to get it approved as the new product for April --- she must get points or something because she asked me to leave the info in an envelope just for her - so she can present it at a meeting. So now I have another job - food finder for my local $3.99 store - yes - that's what I call the lovely place that is Whole Foods Market.

tdg said...

Ladies - I am behind on my reading and am just now seeing this post. I had to look it up to see if you were joking. I cannot believe a product like this exists (nor the genuine thrill I am feeling at the opportunity to purchase it.) Imagine how competent this thing will make me look in the morning?